B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control
To provide students with a broad theoretical knowledge base and equip them with strong practical application skills so that they can meet the competitive requirements of the job market in instrumentation and control engineering, and are well prepared to pursue higher study in this fast-developing field.
Goals / Program Educational Objectives
The EE Program Goals, also referred to as Program Educational Objectives (PEOs), are stated below.
Graduates of EE program shall be:
- Contributing as productive individuals, team members, and leaders in electrical engineering profession.
- Updating and adapting their knowledge and abilities in their major field and associated disciplines.
- Engaging with the community at all levels in an ethical and professional manner.
- Pursuing graduate studies in electrical engineering and related fields both inside and outside the United Arab Emirates.
B. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
C. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
D. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
E. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
F. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
G. An ability to communicate effectively
H. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
I. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
J. A knowledge of contemporary issues
K. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
L. An ability to demonstrate broad knowledge in the field of electrical engineering and specialized knowledge in chosen concentration.
Graduates of the instrumentation and control engineering specialization can pursue careers in a wide range of areas, for example the petroleum industry, the chemical industry, power plants, the auto industry, robotics, the manufacturing industry and in engineering companies designing control systems for industry and smart homes.
The Bachelor of Science Degree is awarded upon the fulfillment of the following:
1. Successful completion of all courses in the program curriculum (138 credit hours)
2. Successful completion of two weeks of internal training and 12 weeks of external training in engineering companies (4 credit hours)
3. The cumulative grade points average CGPA is at least 2.0
Admission to the instrumentation and control engineering program requires a UAE secondary school certificate (science major) or its equivalent with a minimum grade of 70 percent. For further information please refer to the university admissions policy.
For more details please visit undergraduate admissions
Proposed Sequence of Study
- Engineering Maths 1 (217101)
- Engineering Maths 2 (217102)
- Engineering Maths 3 (217203)
- Engineering Maths 4 (217204)
- Engineering Physics 1 (217121)
- Engineering Physics 2 (217122)
- Chemistry for Engineers (217141)
- Report Writing and Presentation (217321)
- Statistics (103110)
- Communication Skills in Arabic Language (102140)
- Islamic Studies (102110)
- Environmental Science (103120)
- Computer Applications (104110)
- Introduction to Engineering (217150)
- Computer Programming (213140)
- Logic Design (213235)
- Circuit Analysis 1 (215211)
- Engineering Analysis (213250)
- Signals and Systems (212221)
- Circuit Analyss 2 (215212)
- Electronic Devices 1 (211251)
- Principles of Communication (212315)
- Random Signals (217306)
- Electromagnetic Fields (212385)
- Electronic Devices 2 (211352)
- Microprocessors (213333)
- Electrical Machines (215335)
- Instrumentation and Measurements (214322)
- Control Systems (214352)
- Design with ICs (211367)
- Industrial Control Systems (214443)
- Computer-Based Instrumentation (214444)
- Engineering Management (216401)
- Power System Protection (214478)
- Financial Management (216402)
- Graduation Project 1 (214491)
- Graduation Project 2 (214493)
- Engineering Training (210400)
- Technical Electives:
- Digital System Design (211410)
- Power Electronics (211429)
- Intelligent Systems and Robotics (214426)
- Digital Control Systems (214445)
- Biomedical Instrumentation (214472)
- Selected Topics in Instrumentation and Control (214490)
- Directed Study in Instrumentation and Control (214495)
- Communication and Switching Networks (212456)
- Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks (214451)