- 06 705 6789
Maher Assaad received the M.Eng. degree from the University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Glasgow, Glasgow, U.K., in 2002 and 2009, respectively, both in electrical engineering.
He worked as an analog and digital IC designer for fiber optics and wireline communication products with Nortel Networks, and Quake Technologies, Ottawa, Canada.
He has been a senior lecturer in electrical engineering at the University Technology of PETRONAS, Malaysia, an associate professor in electronic and communication engineering at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah. He is currently an associate professor in electrical engineering at Ajman University, UAE. His research interests include design of analog and digital circuits for communication systems.
• Associate Professor in Electrical Eng., Ajman University, Jan 2016 – Present.
• Assistant/Associate Professor in Electronic & Communication Eng., American University of Ras Alkhaimah, UAE, August 2013 – Dec 2015.
• Assistant Professor, University Technology of PETRONAS (UTP), Perak, Malaysia, 15 August 2010 - 16 August 2013.
• Post-Doctoral Researcher, Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Catholic University of Louvain and Baxter, Belgium, March 2009 – July 2010.
• Point-to-point communication in SoC/NoC.
• PLL-based frequency synthesizer circuits
• PLL-based clock and data recovery circuits
• Interface circuits for various type of sensors (e.g. light, temperature and capacitive)
1.1. Maher Assaad, D. Ginhac, and F. Meriaudeau, “A 3-Bit Pseudo Flash ADC Based Low-Power CMOS Interface Circuit Design for Optical Sensor”, Vol.11, No.1, 2015, Journal of Low Power Electronics (JLP), ASP, USA.
1.2. Maher Assaad, M. Alser & A. Bermak, ""A Truly all-Digital Design and Characterization of Referenceless Dual-Loop Clock and Data Recovery Circuit for SERDES Devices"", Vol. 9, No.1, 2013, JLP, ASP, USA.
1.3. Maher Assaad, I. Yohannes & A. Bermak, ""A 2-Stage interface circuit design for a 32-Color resolution optical sensor"", IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 13, Issue 2, Oct. 2012.
1.4. Maher Assaad, P. Gerard, L. Francis & D. Flandre, ""Design and characterization of an ultra-low power SOI-CMOS IC of temperature level detector"", Vol.48, Issue 14, July 2012 Electronics Letters, the IET, U.K.