Department of Architectural Engineering
Architecture is the science and art of shaping the built environment and establishing habitable and enjoyable communities. The architectural engineering program is a five-year course designed to equip students with a sound knowledge and understanding of building design, landscape design, structure, construction, history of architecture, heritage conservation as well as many other related subjects.
The main goals of the architectural engineering curriculum are to provide its students with:
1. Demonstrate basic philosophy and ideology of architecture.
2. Coordinate environmental studies in design proposals.
3. Comprehend and apply and the knowledge of social and cultural studies in design proposals.
4. Comprehend and apply the knowledge of science, mathematics, and technology.
5. Comprehend and apply the knowledge of architectural practice and management.
6. Conceptualize, conceive and coordinated design in the realm of contemporary issues and challenges of built environment.
7. Communicate, demonstrate and implement the architectural solutions clearly.
8. Propose the architectural design in the context of modern technology and engineering.
9. Design and evaluate the architectural design solutions through computers.
10. Analyze the design critically and foresee its consequences at the occupational stage.
11. Apply the problem-solving approach in conducting experiments, analyzing and interpreting data in proposed architectural design.
12. Work independently as well as in teams across technical or professional activities.
13. Team with multidisciplinary professions engaged in building design and construction process.
14. Identify, formulate and solve design management problems.
15. Comprehend and apply the professional and ethical responsibilities in architectural practice.
16. Identify and adopt the market trends to compete in the professional market.
Because of the multidisciplinary nature of the curriculum, graduates are qualified for employment in a variety of areas. They can work, for example, as designers and construction managers, or join city planning or community agencies and governmental authorities. Alternatively, they can become building contractors. As graduates are trained in problem-solving, they are able to adapt to a range of jobs in both the public and the private sector.
Admission to the Architectural Engineering program requires a UAE secondary school certificate (science major), or its equivalent, with a minimum acceptable grade of 70 percent. For more information, please refer to the university admissions policy.
The Bachelor of Science in Architectural engineering is awarded upon fulfillment of the following:
1. Successful completion of all courses in the prescribed curriculum
2. Successful completion of four months’ engineering training
3. The Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA is at least 2.0.
The B.Sc. degree in Architectural Engineering requires the completion of 170 Cr. Hrs. circulated according to the following plan:
Type of Courses Credit hours
1. University General Education Requirements
(a) University Required Courses 15
(b) University Elective Courses 9
2. College Required courses 9
4. Specialization required courses 118
4. Specialization Elective courses 9
5 Graduation projects I & II 10
Total Credit Hours 170
For further information, please refer to the university admissions policy as given in University Catalog.
|Jihad A.A. Awadfirstname.lastname@example.org||Head of department|
|Abdulwahab Ahmed Tariq Al Osajemail@example.com||Architecture Engineering Teaching Assistant|
|Alessandro Cece||067056371||Assistant Professor|
|Ayat Gamaleldin AbdelsalamElkhazindarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Architecture Engineering Teaching Assistant|
|Bassim M. Salehemail@example.com||Assistant Professor|
|Bouzid Boudiaffirstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor|
|Saher Najjeb Sulaiman Kharrufa||6717||S.Sulaiman@ajman.ac.ae||Professor|
|Mohammad Shihadeh A. Araremail@example.com||Associate Professor|
|Gergely Tibor Csikvari||Lecturer|
|Mahmoud Zakria Shafik Altemmamyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lecturer|
|Mohamad Ghanem Rabahemail@example.com||Architecture Engineering Teaching Assistant|
|Muna Mahmoud Yousef Salamehfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lecturer|
|Noor Salem Abdrabboh Salem Alyafie||Architecture Engineering Teaching Assistant|
|Rabah Saoudemail@example.com||Assistant Professor|
|Raghad Nawaf Mourad||6453||Lecturer|
|SAHAR F. MAKKYfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lecturer|
|Firas Salim Nooriemail@example.com||Lecturer|
|Chul oh Chungfirstname.lastname@example.org||Associate Professor|
|Afaq Hyder Chohanemail@example.com||Associate Professor|